- 1 Which is the best month to visit Kolkata?
- 2 Is Calcutta worth visiting?
- 3 Is April a good time to visit Kolkata?
- 4 What is the best time to visit West Bengal?
- 5 How can I spend 3 days in Kolkata?
- 6 How many days are enough for Kolkata?
- 7 What is Kolkata famous for?
- 8 Where should I stay in Kolkata?
- 9 What is the best time to visit Digha?
- 10 What is the best time to visit Shimla?
- 11 How many seasons are in a year?
Which is the best month to visit Kolkata?
Best Time to Visit Kolkata
- October-March: Starting from autumn the weather is pleasant and is a great time to visit Kolkata.
- April-May: These are the hottest months in the city with the temperature varying from over 40°C to around 30°C.
Is Calcutta worth visiting?
It’s a very cultured city, and there is a ton to see, particularly if you’re interested in Colonial history. This was, of course, the capital of India for over 100 years. There are also all kinds of little delights in Calcutta: a boat ride across the Hooghly River, India’s only trams, delicious “rolls” on Park Street.
Is April a good time to visit Kolkata?
The best time to visit Kolkata is from November to March. The rain and heat linger in October, so the best months for sightseeing are November to mid-March. Best Time for Weather: The dry winter lasts from November to mid-May, but during April and May, temperatures and humidity rise to uncomfortable levels.
What is the best time to visit West Bengal?
October to mid April is the best time to visit West Bengal, with February, March and November particularly lovely in Darjeeling. Remember that the temperature differences between coastal Kolkata and the Himalayas can be huge.
How can I spend 3 days in Kolkata?
What is suggested for Kolkata itinerary 3 Days?
- Visit Holy Ganges.
- Revisit history with Victoria Memorial.
- Mother House: Get a Glimpse of Life of Mother Teresa.
- Bharat Sevashram Sangha Temple.
- St Paul’s Cathedral.
- Howrah Bridge: Spot to have selfies in your 3 day Kolkata itinerary.
How many days are enough for Kolkata?
You need at least 2 full days to cover Kolkata. Spend the first day exploring central and south Kolkata, and the second visiting sites in the north, for which you should hire a car and driver. Start by catching a taxi south to the city’s most famous temple, Kalighat Kali.
What is Kolkata famous for?
25 Things Kolkata Is Famous For
- Bengali Food. Delicious Bengali Food (source)
- Love of Literature. A Library in Kolkata.
- Biryani. Bengali Mutton Biryani.
- Street Food. Savour Kathi Rolls in Kolkata.
- Trams. A Tram in Kolkata.
- Eden Gardens. Eden Gardens.
- Football. Salt Lake Stadium.
- Bengali Cinema.
Where should I stay in Kolkata?
The 7 Best Neighborhoods in Kolkata for Tourists
- Chowringhee (Jawaharlal Nehru) Road. The heart of the city center is chaotic and pulsating.
- BBD Bagh (Dalhousie Square)
- Sudder Street.
- Park Street (Mother Teresa Sarani)
- Ballygunge & South Kolkata.
- Salt Lake City (Bidhan Nagar)
- Rajarhat/New Town.
What is the best time to visit Digha?
Digha is a Beach destination. The best time to visit Digha is October, November, December, January and February. Since this is the peak season expect a little crowd during this time. March, April, May and June period experiences moderate weather.
What is the best time to visit Shimla?
March to June: This is a popular tourist season in Shimla as the weather is quite pleasant and perfect for outdoor activities. The temperature is comfortable and usually varies between 15°C and 30°C. If you are into adventure sports then this is the ideal time to try paragliding, trekking, camping and rafting.
How many seasons are in a year?
A season is a period of the year that is distinguished by special climate conditions. The four seasons —spring, summer, fall, and winter—follow one another regularly. Each has its own light, temperature, and weather patterns that repeat yearly.