- 1 Which is the biggest railway station in Kolkata?
- 2 What is the longest rail station of India?
- 3 What is the longest railway station in West Bengal?
- 4 Is Kolkata and Howrah station same?
- 5 Which is the longest platform in India?
- 6 Which train is fastest in India?
- 7 Which is biggest junction in India?
- 8 Which station has the longest name?
- 9 Which is the largest platform in world?
- 10 Who is biggest railway station in world?
- 11 Which station has most platforms in India?
- 12 Which is the cleanest railway station in India?
- 13 Which is the best railway station in India?
Which is the biggest railway station in Kolkata?
Biggest Train Station in Kolkata – Howrah Junction Railway Station
- West Bengal.
- Howrah District.
- Howrah – Places to Visit.
- Howrah Junction Railway Station.
What is the longest rail station of India?
Currently, Gorakhpur railway station in Uttar Pradesh is the longest operational platform. 1,366 meter-long, it was renovated in 2013, and also serves as the headquarters of the North-Eastern Railway (NER).
What is the longest railway station in West Bengal?
The platform at Kharagpur Station, West Bengal, India, measures 1,072 m (3,517 ft) in length.
Is Kolkata and Howrah station same?
It is the oldest and largest existing railway complex in India. Howrah is one of five intercity train stations serving the Kolkata metropolitan area (including Howrah and its twin city of Kolkata), the others being Sealdah, Santragachi, Shalimar and Kolkata railway stations.
Which is the longest platform in India?
Longest railway platforms
- Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh, India:1,366.33 m (4,483 ft)
- Kollam Junction, Kerala, India:1,180.5 m (3,873 ft)
- Kharagpur Junction, West Bengal, India: 1,072.5 m (3,519 ft)
- Pilibhit Junction, Uttar Pradesh India 900 m (2,953 ft)
- Auto Club Speedway station, Fontana, California, US: 2,675 ft (815 m)
Which train is fastest in India?
As of 2021, the fastest train service operating in the country is Gatimaan Express, with a top operating speed of 160 km/h (99 mph).
Which is biggest junction in India?
Mathura junction is the largest railway junction in India, with as many as 7 routes emerging from this station. Mathura junction also has 10 platforms, with connectivity to all major cities of India.
Which station has the longest name?
The title of lengthiest name of a railway station in the world is held by Wales’ ‘Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch’ railway station. The name contains 58 alphabets and had beaten Chennai’s railway station with just one extra letter in 2019.
Which is the largest platform in world?
At present, the 1,366 metre-long platform in Uttar Pradesh’s Gorakhpur, which is the headquarters of the North-Eastern Railway (NER), is the longest railway platform in the world and it was renovated in 2013.
Who is biggest railway station in world?
Nagoya Station, Nagoya, Japan Japan’s Nagoya Station is the world’s largest station in terms of floor area, which according to some sources stands at an astonishing 446,000m². It is the headquarters of the Central Japan Railway Company (JR Central), which has two towers that run atop of the station.
Which station has most platforms in India?
India’s Biggest Stations with Highest Number of Platforms
- Howrah Junction – 23 Platforms.
- Sealdah Railway Station – 20 Platforms.
- Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus – 18 Platforms.
- New Delhi Railway Station – 16 Platforms.
- Chennai Central – 15 Platforms.
Which is the cleanest railway station in India?
The Jaipur Junction has topped the list of cleanest stations by scoring 931.75 out of 1000. Under the Swachh Bharat mission, Indian Railways has been working to spread awareness about the importance of maintaining cleanliness at stations and in trains.
Which is the best railway station in India?
The most beautiful railway stations in India
- Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus, Mumbai.
- Delhi Railway Station, Delhi.
- Charbagh Railway Station, Lucknow.
- Vijayawada Railway Station, Andhra Pradesh.
- Jodhpur Railway Station, Rajasthan.
- Jammu Tawi Railway Station, Jammu.
- Jaisalmer Railway Station, Rajasthan.