- 1 Which is the best season to visit Kolkata?
- 2 Is April a good time to visit Kolkata?
- 3 Where should I stay in Kolkata?
- 4 What is rainy season called?
- 5 Is Kolkata a poor city?
- 6 Is Kolkata better than Delhi?
- 7 What food is famous in Kolkata?
- 8 How is winter in Kolkata?
- 9 Which season is best for Goa?
- 10 Which time is best for Rajasthan tour?
- 11 Which are the driest months in Kolkata?
Which is the best season to visit Kolkata?
Best Time to Visit Kolkata
- October-March: Starting from autumn the weather is pleasant and is a great time to visit Kolkata.
- April-May: These are the hottest months in the city with the temperature varying from over 40°C to around 30°C.
Is April a good time to visit Kolkata?
The best time to visit Kolkata is from November to March. The rain and heat linger in October, so the best months for sightseeing are November to mid-March. Best Time for Weather: The dry winter lasts from November to mid-May, but during April and May, temperatures and humidity rise to uncomfortable levels.
Where should I stay in Kolkata?
The 7 Best Neighborhoods in Kolkata for Tourists
- Chowringhee (Jawaharlal Nehru) Road. The heart of the city center is chaotic and pulsating.
- BBD Bagh (Dalhousie Square)
- Sudder Street.
- Park Street (Mother Teresa Sarani)
- Ballygunge & South Kolkata.
- Salt Lake City (Bidhan Nagar)
- Rajarhat/New Town.
What is rainy season called?
The wet season (sometimes called the rainy season) is the time of year when most of a region’s average annual rainfall occurs. Generally, the season lasts at least a month. The term green season is also sometimes used as a euphemism by tourist authorities.
Is Kolkata a poor city?
Calcutta is unique among Indian cities. Not for its poverty and destitution, although it has become world famous for that. It is still a city of culture and the arts and was home to the Nobel prize-winning poet Rabindranath Tagore and, much later, the film-maker Satyajit Ray.
Is Kolkata better than Delhi?
Slower than Delhi, for a start. Kolkata is also likely to be less touristy, the flip-side being that it does have less obvious attractions than Delhi. (which has far more monuments, history etc). Shopping-wise, I prefer Delhi which seems to have a much wider variety of local markets.
What food is famous in Kolkata?
10 Traditional Dishes From Kolkata You Need to Try
- Macher jhol. Fish is an integral component of Bengali cooking.
- Mishti Doi. This Bengali dessert consisting of fermented sweet yogurt is one of the area’s most famous culinary exports.
- Kosha Mangsho.
- Alur torkari.
- Cholar dal.
How is winter in Kolkata?
Winter tends to last for only about two and a half months, with seasonal lows dipping to 9 °C – 11 °C (48.2 °F – 51.8 °F) between December and January. The highest recorded temperature is 43.9 °C (111 °F) and the lowest is 5 °C (41 °F).
Which season is best for Goa?
Mid-November to Mid-February: These are the best months to visit the party capital since the weather is pleasantly cool and comfortable. It’s the perfect time to relax on the beaches amidst other tourists who make the most of these three months in Goa.
Which time is best for Rajasthan tour?
September is the best time to visit Rajasthan as it is when the monsoon season comes to an end, and winter is on its way. The temperature drops, and the weather remains pleasant and fresh during this time.
Which are the driest months in Kolkata?
Kolkata has dry periods in January, February and December. On average, July is the wettest month. On average, December is the driest month.