- 1 How do you find the longitude and latitude of Calcutta India?
- 2 What is the longitude of the antipode of Kolkata?
- 3 Is Kolkata a dead city?
- 4 Is Kolkata a poor city?
- 5 What is famous food in West Bengal?
- 6 What is the total area of West Bengal?
- 7 What is the altitude of Kolkata?
- 8 What city has the coordinates 0 78w?
- 9 How do you find latitude and longitude?
- 10 What is the antipode of India?
- 11 How do you calculate antipodal?
- 12 What is antipode of 0 degree longitude?
How do you find the longitude and latitude of Calcutta India?
Kolkata is a city in West Bengal, India at latitude 22°33′36.00″ North, longitude 88°25′12.00″ East.
What is the longitude of the antipode of Kolkata?
1. The antipodal point of Kolkata: It is known that the longitudinal difference between a pair of antipodal points are always 180°. So, if longitude of Kolkata is 88°30′ E, its antipode will be located at (180 °- 88°30′) = 91°30′ W. The latitude of the antipode will also be located in the opposite hemisphere.
Is Kolkata a dead city?
In 1985, prime minister Rajiv Gandhi dubbed Kolkata a “dying city” in light of its socio-political woes. It was the world’s longest-serving democratically elected communist government, during which Kolkata was a key base for Indian communism.
Is Kolkata a poor city?
Calcutta is unique among Indian cities. Not for its poverty and destitution, although it has become world famous for that. It is still a city of culture and the arts and was home to the Nobel prize-winning poet Rabindranath Tagore and, much later, the film-maker Satyajit Ray.
What is famous food in West Bengal?
Top 10 dishes every foodie must eat in West Bengal
- Luchi-Alur Dom. Luchi alur dom is the preferred Bengali combination for a lazy Sunday brunch.
- Keemar Doi Bora.
- Kathi Rolls.
- Jhal Muri.
- Daab Chingri.
- Bhetki Macher Paturi.
- Kosha Mangsho.
What is the total area of West Bengal?
Although in area West Bengal ranks as one of the smaller states of India, it is one of the largest in population. The capital is Kolkata (Calcutta). Area 34,267 square miles (88,752 square km).
What is the altitude of Kolkata?
What city has the coordinates 0 78w?
town of Ibarra, and 37 miles east-northeast of the center of the capital at Quito.
How do you find latitude and longitude?
You can search for a place using its latitude and longitude GPS coordinates. Get the coordinates of a place
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Maps app.
- Touch and hold an area of the map that isn’t labeled. You’ll see a red pin appear.
- You’ll see the coordinates in the search box at the top.
What is the antipode of India?
Answer: Easter Island is the only Antipodal region in India. Antipodal means where two surfaces of the Earth are connected by one line.
How do you calculate antipodal?
Take the longitude of the place for which you want to find the antipode and subtract the longitude from 180. Antipodes are always 180° of longitude away. Memphis is located at approximately 90° West longitude, so we take 180-90=90.
What is antipode of 0 degree longitude?
By definition, the North Pole and the South Pole are antipodes. Null Island, 0°N 0°E, at the intersection of the prime meridian and the equator, has its antipodes at 0°N 180°E, at the intersection of the antimeridian and the equator.