- 1 How do you find the longitude and latitude of Calcutta India?
- 2 What is the longitudinal position of Kolkata?
- 3 What is the longitude of the antipode of Kolkata?
- 4 What is the coordinates of West Bengal?
- 5 What city has the coordinates 0 78w?
- 6 What is famous food in West Bengal?
- 7 What is India’s longitude and latitude?
- 8 How do you calculate antipodal?
- 9 Which city is opposite to India on globe?
- 10 What is antipode of 0 degree longitude?
- 11 Which is the main river of West Bengal?
- 12 What is West Bengal famous for?
How do you find the longitude and latitude of Calcutta India?
Kolkata is a city in West Bengal, India at latitude 22°33′36.00″ North, longitude 88°25′12.00″ East.
What is the longitudinal position of Kolkata?
The latitude of Kolkata, West Bengal, India is 22.572645, and the longitude is 88.363892. Kolkata, West Bengal, India is located at India country in the Cities place category with the gps coordinates of 22° 34′ 21.5220” N and 88° 21′ 50.0112” E.
What is the longitude of the antipode of Kolkata?
1. The antipodal point of Kolkata: It is known that the longitudinal difference between a pair of antipodal points are always 180°. So, if longitude of Kolkata is 88°30′ E, its antipode will be located at (180 °- 88°30′) = 91°30′ W. The latitude of the antipode will also be located in the opposite hemisphere.
What is the coordinates of West Bengal?
West Bengal, India Lat Long Coordinates Info West Bengal, India is located at India country in the States place category with the gps coordinates of 22° 58′ 43.0464” N and 87° 44′ 52.0908” E. Coordinates of West Bengal, India is given above in both decimal degrees and DMS (degrees, minutes and seconds) format.
What city has the coordinates 0 78w?
town of Ibarra, and 37 miles east-northeast of the center of the capital at Quito.
What is famous food in West Bengal?
Top 10 dishes every foodie must eat in West Bengal
- Luchi-Alur Dom. Luchi alur dom is the preferred Bengali combination for a lazy Sunday brunch.
- Keemar Doi Bora.
- Kathi Rolls.
- Jhal Muri.
- Daab Chingri.
- Bhetki Macher Paturi.
- Kosha Mangsho.
What is India’s longitude and latitude?
Although in area West Bengal ranks as one of the smaller states of India, it is one of the largest in population. The capital is Kolkata (Calcutta). Area 34,267 square miles (88,752 square km).
How do you calculate antipodal?
Take the longitude of the place for which you want to find the antipode and subtract the longitude from 180. Antipodes are always 180° of longitude away. Memphis is located at approximately 90° West longitude, so we take 180-90=90.
Which city is opposite to India on globe?
Answer: Easter Island is the only Antipodal region in India. Antipodal means where two surfaces of the Earth are connected by one line.
What is antipode of 0 degree longitude?
By definition, the North Pole and the South Pole are antipodes. Null Island, 0°N 0°E, at the intersection of the prime meridian and the equator, has its antipodes at 0°N 180°E, at the intersection of the antimeridian and the equator.
Which is the main river of West Bengal?
The Bhagirathi is the main river in West Bengal which flows past some of the important cities like Murshidabad, Baharampur, Nabadwip, Chinsura, Chandannagar, Srirampur, Howrah, Kolkata, Diamond Harbour and Haldia.
What is West Bengal famous for?
West Bengal is famous for its terracotta temples of Bishnupur. Hazarduari Palace, a popular tourist attraction, is known to have the second largest chandelier in the world and also the largest staircase in India.